Sporting Goods Industry Continues to Be Challenged
Results from the World Federation of the Sporting Goods Industry’s latest member survey offer some keen, current insights into factors facing the global sporting goods industry amid the ongoing, global COVID-19 pandemic.
- Only 20 percent of manufacturing companies are not seeing decreasing orders; In Europe, 70 percent are experiencing declining orders.
- An estimated 40 percent of sporting goods companies said they are not having any issues with supply chain disruption.
- More than 30 percent of manufacturers are facing issues obtaining enough material for production
- Seventy-five percent of respondents see their business impacted by the pandemic, up from 65 percent in August.
- Lean production and fewer workers are reported as keys to sustained operations.
- Increasing online sales and maintaining minimum inventory levels are key issues among the retail and brand company respondents.