SFIA Elects New Chairman
The Sports & Fitness Industry Association (SFIA) recently announced the election of Jonathan Ram, group president, Global Activewear, HanesBrands, as chairman of the SFIA Board of Directors from 2022-23. Ram replaces former chairman Dan Arment, CEO and president of Riddell, who served two, one-year terms as chairman.
In addition, three new members were elected, and four members were re-elected to three-year terms. They join 13 remaining board members serving staggered terms.
Ram has served in his current role with HanesBrands since 2018 and previously spent 16 years with New Balance Athletics, most recently as executive vice president.
New additions to the SFIA Board of Directors include:
- Dave Elliot, CEO, Augusta Sportswear Brands, 2022/24
- Jeff Fiorini, CEO, Nevco Sports, 2022/24
- Laura St. George, executive VP–sales and marketing, Gared, 2022/24
Board members being re-elected include:
- Jennifer Bendall, VP–North America Government and Public Affairs, Nike, 2022/24
- Kim Davis, executive VP, Social Impact, Growth Initiative & Legislative Affairs, National Hockey League, 2022/24
- Michael Schroeder, VP, Global Lifestyle Brands, Gildan, 2022/24
- Dan Sheridan, executive VP and COO, Brooks Running, 2022/24
The new Chairman of the Board and Board of Directors began their terms on January 1, 2022.